Monday, March 14, 2011

The Beach Guest Room Day #1

Last weekend I was bored and decided that the wallpaper in this room just HAD to go. It is the only remaining room with four full walls of wallpaper and while not completely obnoxious, I was over it. Plus I have a really great plan for this room.

The wallpaper was a wonderful fabric damask in an ivory (read: dirt) color. The pictures do not do it justice, or maybe they do. I will leave you to decide that. The floors in this room are some of the nicest in the house with a nice deep, dark stain that is in really good condition save a few spots. My plan was to do something that would highlight the wonderful floors and use the fact that there are three windows (2 north facing and one west facing) that get great afternoon sun.
I tried two different paint samples from Behr. I already had the color picked out in my mind and on a paint chip, but figured I would try another color as well. Well my original paint color won. The room will be painted “Ozone” by Behr (color on the right) and this will be the “Beach” Guest Room.


In case you didn’t know, I am a beachaholic. I lived at or near a beach for most of my life. Having acquired a collection of beach theme décor, I figure this is a great place to put it to use.

So, join me in my boredom as I show you how I redid this room from start to finish!

Oh and just for fun, check out the current light fixture. I kid you not, this is exactly as it was when we arrived. No comment.




1 comment:

  1. Why you getting rid of that vintage fixture? Lmao! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete