Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lights, Camera, Angles..

Ahh, when I see this picture I instantly begin to unwind and destress. Part of the reason we picked this house was because it came with the cabin. I may love the cabin more than the house actually. I do believe I kept saying over and over, but it has a cabin and a stream, who cares about the house. So when I see it all snow covered, I instantly transport myself to Walden Pond or some other idyllic setting. Lucky for my, I only have to walk down 100 stairs, and on this particular day ALOT of ice and snow, but all the same, this is in my very own backyard.


In loving old houses and cabins one of the great things is the cool (and sometimes not so cool) things that you discover. Below is the door handle to the front door of the cabin. To me, it's ridiculously fascinating, but I'm a dork.
I took this to show how diverse the cabin is in structure. Notice the clapboard ceiling, the log pole and the cool light fixture. What you can't see are the slate porch floors which add even more character. You may see work, or old or crap, my eyes gloss over and I see cool old cabin.


And these! Oh there is a pair of these amazing light fixtures on the front of the cabin. No electric down there, but how wonderful these must have looked all lit up and welcoming. Now they are home to some birds, but still give the place some personality.



Gah, I love my cabin.


No comments:

Post a Comment