Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can we discuss?

This is our master bathroom. Let me give you the tour. To the right, LOTS of closet space. To the immediate right is the stall shower, then the vanity with sink and then the toilet alcove. Did I mention the blue tile? Do I have to mention it? And that wallpaper border? Oh isn't it wonderful.

I had this exact tile in the bathroom I grew up with. I hated it. Loathed it. In fact I celebrated the day I moved out. And then again the when I moved out again. Oh and yes, again when I moved out for the third time. And wouldn't you know it.. it's come back to haunt me and it's doubled. Pros: it's in really good condition, it's not on the floor and it's not SOO much that I can't work with it.


Cons: It's blue tile. That has haunted me since childhood.


This picture here is once we moved in and added the shower curtain that sort of downplays it. I have really great dark wood pieces that I got for my shower (thank you Nicole & Joyce). I would like to paint the walls a nice warm chocolate brown (not poop brown) and make it a little more hip. But the husband is having a hard time with that.

Eventually the horrid wallpaper border will go down and most likely everything will get a nice coat of white. Then we'll see.

PS. Yes, the floor is linoleum tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment